Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'd Rather Live One Day in Your Courts....
There is this awesome christian song that has those words as a chorus, and they finish with..." than a thousand days elsewhere."

I thought about that in relation to the AA saying, " live one day at a time", I'd rather live one day at a time in the court of the King, and I realize that I can do that. It is only a matter of choice.

It is a matter of choice how I live each day, I can choose to have an awesome day each day when I wake up and then I can manage that choice. I don't have to let the day begin to roll over me and then decide how I feel based on what happens to me, I can decide how I feel, and then manage what happens to me.

My circumstances are not what I can control. What I can control is my reaction to them.

Taking God into my day with me is paramount in that choice. How, after all, can I not feel awesome about my life, when He gave His in such a monumental way. What could be my complaint compared to nine inch nails driven through flesh.

I know this to be true, each day as it passes is gone, never to be retrieved. When I have a God who loves me the way mine does, I owe it to Him to live each one of the days He has given me in the freedom and grace that He died for. I don't get back the days of fear and worry. Those are truly wasted days. The fear and worry has never changed my circumstances.

One day lived in freedom and grace is one day in His court, one day at a time, and all those days will add up the the eternity I am promised, of an eternity in His court. Halleluia.

No comments: